Spi 3.2 beta 13 and windows 10 familial - Jackrouter was the problem (Solved)

Hi,

i struggle to make spi3.2-beta13 launching under w10 familial. Can’t find why spi doesn’t start.

Has someone meet some firewall issues with sonic pi ?

Hi, I’m assuming you get the same issue with the final v3.2 release?

Also, are you able to boot the latest vanilla SuperCollider server using their IDE?

i will try again at the end of the week or tomorrow if you send me a link to your next built.
Cheers

The link to v3.2 is on Patreon and available to all tiers :slight_smile:

1 Like

so tonight right now i’ve tried with the final v3.2. release and fails. Am i alone on this Earth ? snif snif

Neither supercollider… I have turn off the firewall.
i keep searching.

is there in private a link for the portable version ?

Failed to load the fast_osc c-extension, falling back to pure Ruby version
Overriding fast_osc c-extension FastOsc::decode_single_message, falling back to pure Ruby version
C:/Program Files/Sonic Pi/app/server/ruby/vendor/sys-proctable-1.1.3/lib/windows/sys/proctable.rb:97: warning: constant ::Fixnum is deprecated

Are you certain this can’t be the reason why ??
because all ports are right opened …

100% certain this is not an issue. These are just warnings not critical errors.

Portable version will be released tomorrow. It’s very unlikely to exhibit any difference in behaviour.

Did you test things with vanilla supercollider using their IDE? We’re you able to boot it and communicate with it via OSC?

yes i have tested and no supercollider server doesn’t start… i’m searching among the internet :slight_smile:

well i remove spi 3.2 and reinstall 3.1 and mcAffee react and ask me authorizations for ruby, omid, …, and sonic pi and sonic pi 3.1 starts.

So why spi 3.2 doesn’t ask me all these authorizations during the set up ? Is the process has changed in a way mcAfee firewall can’t detect it needs some authorizations ?

the fact to disable the firewall doesn’t work i believe McAffee is still running even it says off.

Gonna try add every bins used by sonicpi 3.2 manually.
see you soon

I try again to install the 3.2 version and fails

few questions :

• Which superCollider version is used within sonic pi version 3.2 ?
  • which rate 44100kHz or 48000 khz sonic pi needs to work ?
  • could you explain this error and if i can be sure is not the problem :
Failed to load the fast_osc c-extension, falling back to pure Ruby version
Overriding fast_osc c-extension FastOsc::decode_single_message, falling back to pure Ruby version
C:/Program Files/Sonic Pi/app/server/ruby/vendor/sys-proctable-1.1.3/lib/windows/sys/proctable.rb:97: warning: constant ::Fixnum is deprecated

Cheers

1. You can see which version of SuperCollider is installed in the log messages on in the GUI when the app launches. It’s currently the latest SuperCollider server - 3.10.4
  2. Either will work
  3. As I’ve mentioned before a few times now, these errors are just warnings and are not critical. They’re also nothing to do with SuperCollider.

Also, I just noticed that SuperCollider 3.11 beta1 is out, so that might be worth trying…

ok @samaaron. thanks for your answers

Well i had jackRouter 64 bits on my computer and is not a friend of SuperCollider

so i remove jack

So now i got this error message. So i guess it’s a sad story of mme or asio choice.
Is there somebody to explain this message ?

now when i try to start superCollider i get this…

*** Welcome to SuperCollider 3.10.4. *** For help press Ctrl-D.
SCDoc: Indexing help-files...
SCDoc: Indexed 1342 documents in 1.07 seconds
Booting server 'localhost' on address 127.0.0.1:57110.

Device options:
  - MME : Mappeur de sons Microsoft - Input   (device #0 with 2 ins 0 outs)
  - MME : Focusrite USB (Focusrite USB Au   (device #1 with 8 ins 0 outs)
  - MME : Mappeur de sons Microsoft - Output   (device #2 with 0 ins 2 outs)
  - MME : Focusrite USB (Focusrite USB Au   (device #3 with 0 ins 8 outs)
  - Windows DirectSound : Pilote de capture audio principal   (device #4 with 2 ins 0 outs)
  - Windows DirectSound : Focusrite USB (Focusrite USB Audio)   (device #5 with 8 ins 0 outs)
  - Windows DirectSound : Périphérique audio principal   (device #6 with 0 ins 2 outs)
  - Windows DirectSound : Focusrite USB (Focusrite USB Audio)   (device #7 with 0 ins 8 outs)
  - ASIO : Focusrite USB ASIO   (device #8 with 2 ins 2 outs)
  - ASIO : Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver   (device #9 with 0 ins 2 outs)
  - ASIO : Realtek ASIO   (device #10 with 2 ins 6 outs)
  - ASIO : Synchronous Audio Router   (device #11 with 1 ins 1 outs)
  - Windows WASAPI : Focusrite USB (Focusrite USB Audio)   (device #12 with 0 ins 2 outs)
  - Windows WASAPI : Focusrite USB (Focusrite USB Audio)   (device #13 with 2 ins 0 outs)
  - Windows WDM-KS : Entrée ligne (Realtek HD Audio Line input)   (device #14 with 2 ins 0 outs)
  - Windows WDM-KS : Mixage stéréo (Realtek HD Audio Stereo input)   (device #15 with 2 ins 0 outs)
  - Windows WDM-KS : Microphone (Realtek HD Audio Mic input)   (device #16 with 2 ins 0 outs)
  - Windows WDM-KS : Speakers (Realtek HD Audio output)   (device #17 with 0 ins 6 outs)
  - Windows WDM-KS : Focusrite USB (fniusbwave_48)   (device #18 with 8 ins 0 outs)
  - Windows WDM-KS : Analog Out (fniusbwave_48)   (device #19 with 0 ins 8 outs)

Requested devices:
  In (matching device NOT found):
  - (null)
  Out (matching device NOT found):
  - (null)

Selecting default system input/output devices

Booting with:
  In: MME : Focusrite USB (Focusrite USB Au
  Out: MME : Focusrite USB (Focusrite USB Au
SC_PortAudioDriver: PortAudio failed at Pa_OpenStream with error: 'Unanticipated host error'
could not initialize audio.

i find that but as don’t master supercollider ide i don’t know where i can type these “solutions”

https://github.com/supercollider/supercollider/issues/4718#issuecomment-570432383

i am aware this is not a supercollider forum :slight_smile: Sorry for that but i’d like to have sonic pi 3.2 working

Good news !!!

Sonic Pi version 3.2 is working on my windows 10 familial.

So if you had JackRouter installed you MUST remove this program to get supercollider working. And be careful, remove Jack from the software is not enough you should do this way

https://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=6110.0

So Solved and happy to see back again Spi on my personal computer :slight_smile:

2 Likes