Hi Sonic Pilots,
unable to suppress the teacher in me, I am compiling a short-ish series of demo videos (explicitly NOT tutorials), showcasing very simple live coded music from scratch, using Sonic Pi. As a very busy guitar tutor, I have a ‘captive’ audience of young musicians (between 6 and 35 yrs old) I hope to entice into the rich and fun world of live coded music, through those demos. There will be around 4 or 5 short beginner-type videos (c. 10mins each) , with three sets covering Sonic Pi, then later Strudel, then Pure Data, each using similar approaches and concepts - patterning and triggering events, constrained randomisation, synths, samples and effects control etc.
I’ve uploaded three already, just search for “casim live coding music” and you’ll find them on the usual advertisement delivery platform.
PD-Pi
ps: I should add that the impetus for this video series was the recent release of Sonic Pi for the web, so thanks for the inspiration Sam ![]()