Favorite Intro Video to Sonic Pi?

Hi All, I’m going to be teaching a high school level course on audiovisual live coding and using Sonic Pi as the main software for the audio side. Does anyone have any favorite videos that demonstrate what Sonic Pi is and how powerful it is? I’m just trying to compile a few options that will hopefully hook the students and get them excited. This video is a favorite of mine: https://youtu.be/G1m0aX9Lpts

Hey @carltesta :slight_smile:

Well, I’m quite proud of my half hour set for the TOPLAP15 birthday celebration :joy: :wink:

(In all seriousness though, there are many wonderful performances floating around on the Internet from folks all over the place. It’s hard for me to pick only one or two favourites :laughing:)
It really depends on what style or length of performance you think would be ideal.
For longer performances/sets, (>= ~20 minutes), the one you highlight is great (and is Sam’s most viewed video). Here’s a few of my other favourites: (Mostly ambient/downtempo/chill. For all I know, they may not hold a high school student’s attention for a whole half an hour, but they are great examples of what’s possible, and are some of my favourite longer pieces, so :man_shrugging: :slight_smile: )

For shorter pieces, here’s a few of my favourites: (this time, mostly more upbeat)

I’m sure other folks here will have lots of different favourites that might display the power and flexibility of Sonic Pi, but those are (a few) of mine :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi,

at that time “Live coding dub techno in Sonic Pi” by Jindřich Mynarz was a real eye-opener for me:

Also IMHO nearly all of Sam’s live codings share the quality that he really uses comparatively simple code which is very encouraging, transparent and instructive at the same time.

4 Likes