3.3.1 on Linux Mint 30.3 installed but could not boot Sonic Pi server

Hi all,

I installed Sonic Pi 3.3.1 via the software installer with flatpak inside Linux Mint (Cinnamon) on two machines with versions 20.2 and 20.3. It seems to install nicely, I get the splash screen but then it complains about not seeing the server:

Critical error! - Could not boot Sonic Pi Server.

I have seen hints about killing and restarting pulseaudio but my system does not have a command cjack…

It wozld be great if the installer would test all the prerequisites systematically… :slight_smile:

Thanks for your great work I hope to be able to enjoy soon :slight_smile:

Hello @ande, sorry you’re having problems!

Just a heads up - boot up errors are better tracked on our GitHub issues page - easier to manage them there.
(Just to clarify though, we (the core team) don’t handle Linux builds (beyond a few experimental binary packages here and there AFAIK, but they’re not really ‘official’) - Linux builds are pretty much entirely managed by the community - there’s just too many Linux configurations to manage with the resources we have :sweat_smile:)

There are several tickets on GitHub about folks being unable to run the flatpak version already - though for other Linux distributions. It might be useful for you to open up a new ticket for your problem there, paste the full error report from Sonic Pi in, and page someone called @hfiguiere, who has been involved in the flatpak build of Sonic Pi :+1:

1 Like

Great and fast answer, many thanks!

Will do…

Andreas