New Patreon Discord Server

Hey everyone,

just letting you know that I’ve created a new Discord server for Patreon supporters. If Discord is new to you, it’s just simply a place for live text and audio chat and also somewhere I can live stream tutorials and demonstrations.

If you’re already a supporter on Patreon (thanks so much!) then you should already have access, you just need to create a Discord account and link it to your Patreon account in the settings page.

I’m really looking forward to chatting with you and engaging in real time with you over there.

It’s important to point out that I don’t intend for the Discord server to replace these forums in any way. I think it’s very important to have a public place for asking questions and discussing things that can be linked back to and referenced in the future. The Discord server is mainly meant for more ephemeral (and social) conversation.

Come and join!

1 Like

2021-02-06-075322_489x488_scrot

I think I messed up ( " Email is already registered " )

@hitsware is there a “forgotten password” option which you can put your address into?

Got to here … How to find Sonic-Pi channel ?

@hitsware did you integrate Discord with Patreon on the Patreon settings page? If so, the Patreon Discord bot should send you an invite.

Got It ! … Ain’t technology great ?

1 Like

Hi everyone !

Hope this discord server for happy few won’t deserve this open forum place. I hate discord system : the mouse scroll Kingdom.
Search for old subject is a mess and for me discord is the symptom of our society : add noise to noise.

Old Nick

Hi @nlb, as I mentioned, there’s no plan for the Discord server to replace these forums. Instead it’s just an additional place to hang out for live chat with like-minded people :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oups sorry I haven’t read all your initial post… symptom of these times :blush:.
So long life to these both channels !

2 Likes

When I switch from 1 PC to another (often)
I get this …2021-02-10-074054_677x85_scrot
I’ve had this problem on some forums in the past ,
but nowdays not.

I think this might be an issue with your Discord account rather than an issue with the Sonic Pi Patreon Discord server?

I think it is probably the way Discord is set up.
( only recognize 1 IP as ’ account ’ at a time ) ?
Can you go from PC to PC and sign in ?
I should say ’ remain signed in ’

Discord won’t let me register because it tells me my email address isn’t valid, but it’s valid, and I’ve been using it a long time. I don’t want to post my email address here, obviously, but if a mod can see it, you will see ‘+’ tacked onto it for spam control. I also tried my straight email address, with nothing tacked on. Apparently, Discord doesn’t recognize my email company. Is there someone who can help?

Hi Blipson,

Apologies, but I’m currently on family holiday with not much internet connection and just my phone. I’ll be happy to try and help out when I return next week.

However if your issue is creating a Discord account, then I think there’s a good chance we can’t help with that as we don’t manage Discord in any way - we just manage the Sonic Pi discord server, so I can add permissions for someone’s Discord ID but I can’t create one.

My suggestion would be to contact the Discord help team directly - I’m hopeful it will be something they want to help fix.

Once you have a Discord ID I can take over from there to make sure you have access.

OK, I sent Patreon support a message requesting them to manually register me for Discord.

Perhaps I misunderstood, do you already have a discord ID? If so, if you send that to me and I should be able to add you to the sonic pi server. If not, then I think Discord are probably the people to seek help from in order to log in and get an ID.

I don’t think I have a Discord ID. The system only offered me to log on or register, so that only leaves register. I assume Patreon support will be able to sort this out.

I find Discord exceptionally difficult. Their support is lousy. I have been trying to fix a problem with phone verification for weeks without, apparently, anyone from Discord being able to do anything besides send a link to, or text from their standard web-based support page. And nothing works.

Discord support never answered me, but Apple now gives me free anonymized emails, so I used that to sign up with Discord. That email address is not connected to my Patreon email address, but I’m now in the Sonic Pi Discord. I wish I knew how that happened. I authorized the Discord app in my Patreon and got a Discord ID, but as I said, my Patreon account does not know my Discord email address and vice versa. Yet, my Discord (signed in under the non-Patreon email) sees the ID that Patreon gave me, and I belong to the Sonic Pi Discord without ever receiving an invite.

Quite possibly, I’ve forgotten something I did or enabled at some point, but I can’t figure out what that might be. weird

No worries. If you can let me know your discord ID, I can find you and give you full permissions :slight_smile: