Hi! I'm Sarah from New York!

Hey guys! I’m new here - my name is Sarah and I’m a senior at Parsons School of Design. I took a class on Sonic Pi last year and it completely changed my outlook on music. I’m a musician and visual artist who knew NOTHING about coding going into the class, so I’m so excited to be a part of this community and be able to see what you’re all up to and learn from you!

My thing is making music with Sonic Pi intended for traditional club settings. In April I’m playing a show in NYC with 3 other female musicians that’s tied together with a live coded DJ set. When I have all the details, I’ll be posting them on my instagram @dj____dave and I’ll post here too! In the meantime, I have a bunch of my stuff up on soundcloud if you want to check it out :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the madness. :slight_smile:

You’ll find a lot of us on Soundcloud
(https://soundcloud.com/just-eli-139271289/tracks)
and a lot of code and ideas here on the forums.

Eli…

1 Like

Welcome to the forums Sarah. The stuff on your Instagram looks really nice. I’m looking forward to seeing what you’ll come up with next.

1 Like

Hi Sarah,

thumbs up for “Ghost” on Soundcloud!

1 Like

Hi Sarah, welcome to our community and thanks also for your generous support on Patreon :slight_smile:

It’s wonderful to hear that Sonic Pi has already had an impact on you personally and that it provided a nice friendly introduction to both code and a new approach to music making in general.

I really look forward to seeing what you get up to and share on here and am already following you on instagram with excitement!

1 Like

Welcome Sarah!
Sonic-Pi it’s a power, hope you enjoy the coding way. May the big algorythm flow in you! :smile:

Hi Sarah
I’ve been busy coding and just got around to looking at your stuff. I liked the soundcloud tracks. Nice work!

Welcome, Sarah! I’m sure you’ll find this an awesome place to meet people and get and share idea.

The 3-person group you mentioned isn’t Codie, by any chance?

Again, welcome!
Bob

Hi Bob! It is not Codie, but I am a fan of theirs.

1 Like