A Song from my latest album

HI GUYS!!

My name is Octavio, I produce electronic music under the name of Nntblst for around 21 years wich is a long time already.

So back to the story, I discovered Sonic Pi in a trip to the US during 2016, I lived in Minnesotta for around 3 months, and during those long days i came across Sonic Pi website.

It was an amazing discovery, so good that I get hooked in it for a few weeks ending up in a song wich I include in my new album, because of this I wanna Share it with you guys.

This is the song… Nntblst - Kakosymphonie

Thanks in advance, also any questions and criticism is welcome and encouraged, if you want to see the code or you have any question about the recording, and producing process just let me know.

My best regards to all of you!!

P.S: Sorry for the clunky English.

2 Likes

Hi @Nntblst,

really nice minimalistic track - thanks so much for sharing. It’s wonderful to hear what others are getting up to with Sonic Pi :slight_smile:

I’m sure I speak for most people here when I say that I’d definitely love to see the code if you’re happy to share it. Also, more info about how you went about creating the piece with Sonic Pi would be really useful to many of us.

1 Like

Sure no problem, right now im at the office but later I can get you the code.

1 Like

so here it is the code…

it is a super simple code, which let you do most of the actual song in sonic pi, but for extra production value, the sounds where recorded an sequenced again in Ableton Live, and go through a mixing and mastering session.

to play the main synth just modify the release value of the synth line

the rest is just mute or unmute sections…

Pretty simple right!??

#nntblst
#kakosymphonie
#multiple loops running, made in v2.1

live_loop :synth do
  use_synth :dpulse
  play_pattern_timed chord(:F2, :minor), 0.125, release: 0.1
  use_synth :dpulse
  play_pattern_timed chord(:E2, :minor), 0.125, release: 0.1
end

live_loop :drums do
  sample :bd_fat, amp: 3
  sleep 0.25
    use_synth :noise
  play 1, release: 0.05, amp: 0.8
  sleep 0.25 
end

live_loop :rndmhat do
  with_fx :bitcrusher, samplerate:rrand(500, 5000), mix:1 do
    use_synth :noise
    play 1, release: 0.05, amp: 0.3
    sleep 0.25
  end
end

live_loop :arp do
  3.times do
    use_synth :square
    play :C2, release: 0.1, cutoff: rrand(60, 120)
    sleep 0.25
  end
  play :F2, release: 0.1, cutoff: rrand(60, 120)
  sleep 0.25
end
2 Likes