Visuals for Sonic Pi

Hello!

I’m looking for some software that can run in the background that analyzes sound coming from and audio output source, and turn it into visuals.

I’ve looked at visor, but I’m struggling to get it to do anything like that at all.

Any help would be aprreciated.
Thank you

Hey @Sonic_Giga_Pi :slight_smile:
No doubt others will have comments and suggestions also - but here’s my thoughts: :smile: I’ve not used visor much for a little while now, so can’t really comment on the current state of the program. I see that it has FFT/audio analysis built in, but have not used it much myself there.

There are a whole bunch of apps for creating visuals, and I am sure a lot of them have the ability in one way or another to respond to sound input. One of these that I know has this ability is Hydra. There are no doubt quite a few here that have used it - I have, more so than visor, but still not super regularly. I’m planning to use it a bit more often in future though :smile:

A few more that I know of (a little more vaguely than the others) are Cyril, and Praxis. According to a blog post from a few years ago, Cyril had FFT support added in, so it probably can do audio reactive things. I’m not sure about Praxis, would have to find out a little more about it.

Other than that, all I can suggest is to check out apps listed as catering for visuals on something like Awesome livecoding :slight_smile:

Hopefully someone else might have a few extra ideas too :smile:

Thanks, will have a look ay cyril. Looks good.