Work on Sonic Pi v3.2 has been going strong. A final version is still on target for release at the end of this month. As always, the full, final release will be freely available on sonic-pi.net, but until then the betas are only available to Patreon supporters. This is to hopefully encourage you to support continued development and maintenance of Sonic Pi - keeping it free for everyone.
Here’s where you can find the links to v3.2-beta-10 on Patreon for macOS and Windows:
Yep, that’s right, beta-10 is out for Windows too! Now, don’t get overly excited, this is the first Windows beta for some time, so it’s going to be a bit bumpy. Expect rough edges. However, please do play with it and do let me know how it goes.
We owe a lot to Chris Maughan for this release. He’s been hard at work automating a lot of pain out of the Windows build and also making some beautiful new scopes to play with. Huge high five to Chris!
In terms of features, this release has all the goodness of beta-9 (listed below for completeness) in addition to:
- New Scopes! Chris Maughan has kindly implemented two lovely new visualisation scopes - a mirror stereo scope and a spectrum scope. Enable them in Preferences -> Visuals -> Scope Kinds
- Further High DPI work - font sizes are now unified. (Still more work to be done here on Windows)
- Scope now has a minimum height
v3.2 feature summary
- New icons
- High contrast mode for those with low vision
- Support for screen readers
- Uses latest SuperCollider, Ruby and Qt
- Many, many, many translation improvements
- Loads of nice fixes
- Support for macOS 10.13
- live_audio now works correctly
- High DPI layout changes (primarily for Windows, but will modify the layout slightly)
- Missing documentation images are now back
Full changelog can be found here: https://github.com/samaaron/sonic-pi/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#v3.2.0