Sonic Pi Flatpak graphical glitches

Hello everyone! I’m not sure if I’m opening the thread in the right section. I’m using Fedora Linux and the Flatpak version of Sonic Pi. It works quite well, but it has some annoying graphical glitches. There are often black lines crossing the window that change based on resizing the it. They don’t affect usability but are quite distracting. Is there a way to find a workaround? Has this bug been reported already?

I’m replying to myself just to point out that I encounter the same graphical glitches on other linux distributions.
At the moment I’m on Tumbleweed and I’m using the .rpm in the main repo of the distro.
Should I communicate the bug to the package mantainer?

I have same lines on flatpak version. Black lines on dark theme, and white on light theme

I can’t see any such glitches on the Raspberry Pi or Ubuntu or Debian builds I have done from source, so the problems may be specific to the flatpak builds.
The code for this is at GitHub - flathub/net.sonic_pi.SonicPi with the contributors being @porras and @hfiguiere (That is for the latest 4.5 version).
I suggest you post an issue on that site to see if they can help.

1 Like

hi! I don’t have a lot of time in my hands these days but I’ll see if I can have a look at least at reproducing it this week. I’ve never seen this issue with the flatpak but I must say I haven’t even yet opened Sonic Pi since I have upgraded to Fedora 39.