After reading posts from Linux users who are struggling with getting Sonic Pi compiled and/or running under various linux distros has there ever been any consideration to package it up as an appimage? It would seem logical to do so for a few reasons:
- Linux users can download the software from the author just as they do for other OS versions.
- It’s a “one stop shop”. Everything is included in the appimage file.
- A simple download, make executable with 'chmod a+x" command or even easier using a linux file manager.
- It might encourage Linux users who aren’t on ARM Raspberry Pi’s to support the Sonic Pi effort as they can run in their architecture.
- One doesn’t have to pollute their file system with getting all the compiler dependencies together, correct libraries and hacking at scripts. etc. Ie; no compilation hell.
- Add your own reason here …
Anyway just tossing out the question to see where it lands.