No sound. Installed ver. 3.1 on rasbian lite

I’m interested in SonicPi, however I can’t get the sound to work. I’ve tried it with analog, hdmi, and bluetooth. all my other apps work fine and I’m not a programmer…yet. I have reinstalled rasbian Lite from scratch and did the update. Rebooted several times. What info can I give to help diagnose this? What folders/logs do I check? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi @Etolearn… this is probably why: Sonic Pi 3.1 now on Raspbian Buster NOt FULLY WORKING

Instead, please use a recent build kindly provided by @robin.newman, as seen at Sonic PI 3.2.2 deb file for Raspbian released :slight_smile:

Let us know if you still have issues and we can do our best to help you get up and running :slight_smile:

Done…Easy. And I like the new layout. Much better. Thank you Ethan.

1 Like

Sounds awesome!!! Now it’s time to have fun.

1 Like

There will very shortly be a new deb which will install OVER the 3.1 instead of alongside it. Just finalising testing. It also recognises a Pi4 8Gb and is tested on it and on the new version of Raspberry Pi OS
Extra goody. It fixes the line number error reporting bug, even though tahts not in 3.2.2 (Sam suggested it!)

These problems are with the 4-B rather than Buster , right ?
I have Buster with 3-B + with no problems .
Or does the latest S . P . version also part of the question ?

The latest deb file published yesterday will work on pi3 3b+ and all model Pi4. In fact I think it will boot on pi2 as well but not at a usable speed. The addition for Pi4 8Gb is just that it recognises the model and prints it’s name on the screen.