Migration of project from Win 10 to Pi4 32 bit

So created my Python controller to allow keys on the keyboard to create specific chords. Works great. So time to move to the production hardware an old Pi4 running the latest PiOS 32 bit. Can’t get Sonic-Pi to start. Downloaded and used Sonic-Pi-Tools to test Sonic-Pi install. It is there and the server fires up times out pinging the Tau port. And at that I am at the end of my knowledge. What is the Tau port? Why would it not respond? What code should I post for you to give me some ideas where to look.

Thanks in advance,
Santa Matt

If you use the 64bit version of the latest rp os then you can install the current version 4,5 of SP. That should work fine. The latest sp version requires 64 bit and won’t work on 32 bit.
Tau is the name Sam Aaron used for the part of sp written in Elixir. It communicates internally with other parts of the program using an internal port initialised by the program. The Tau server is polled for a time on startup. If it can’t connect then this error is given and so shuts down.
An examination of the log files can be useful in determining what is going wrong.
EDIT
An alternative is To use a previous legacy RPi os Buster (one of their installer options) and to use SP 4.3 32 bit with that which you can download from sonic-pi.net

An alternative is To use a previous legacy RPi os Buster
(one of their installer options) and to use SP 4.3 32 bit
which you can download from sonic-pi.net

That is attractive from the standpoint of trying to avoid any possible
’ bloatware ’ trying to rear it’s ugly head …