I Finished An Album! [Bag of Dragonite - Peachy]

I just recently finished my first album using Sonic Pi and thought I’d share it with the community. Mind you not every song is 100% made using Sonic Pi, I also used my DAW (Logic Pro X) to add various effects and perform mixing and mastering. I’d say pretty much every song was made 50% in Sonic Pi and 50% in the DAW.

The album consists of 5 electronic tracks of varying styles, some of which sample video games (like Metal Gear Solid). I am playing lead synthesizer for most of the tracks on both Minilogue and Microkorg. I also used my Volca Sample (sample sequencer) to produce the beats for some of the tracks.

Please let me know your thoughts on the album overall. I encourage criticism and would like to know what you like and don’t like about it so I can better my future releases.

I am very grateful for this community and would like to thank those that helped me with coding questions and those who have shared open-source code, some of which I modified for my own purposes.

The album is free to download and is available here if you click through to Bandcamp:
[Sorry it doesn’t show the full tracklist, I can’t figure out how to get my Bandcamp link to do that…]

6 Likes

Some nice tracks. Thanks for sharing.

No problem! I’ll try to work on some more soon.