Hi, I'm Mike from western NC

HI Mike,

welcome to Sonic Pi and to this forum!

What I find a particularly interesting idea is the integration of Tbon. That is because I sometimes find myself notating a meldody as a line of intervals. I did not formalise this idea so I just notated the intervals (with arrows to indicate the direction) but no rhythm.

If you used to listening to music (in a somehow analytical way) it seems kind of obvious to memorise the interval structure just like you notate chord extensions (e. g. in Jazz) such as C 7/9 or in the Continuo. I also thought about writing a parser (well, a big word for what I was planning) to notate melodies within Sonic Pi such as 1 11 13 b7. But I did not follow this idea any further because it wasn’t conceptionally coherent, which Tbon seems to be.

I am not entirely sure if it makes things easier (especially not for a 10 year old) but with respect to the music for me Tbon seems to have a greater internal logic then notating midi values or note names. I think with respect to the ones who are interested in live coding it is generally a good idea to think of ways how you can quickly translate musical ideas into code.

So… I will follow your efforts with interest although I probably won’t be able to contribute from the technical perspective.

Martin