Trying to emulate multichannel live_audio with VoiceMeeter

Hi, I don’t know if what I’m trying is possible, but something is telling me that it can be done.
So, I have an external usb soundcard, which I use for feeding sonic pi with audio from some little synths with live_audio. This is working ok. Besides, I have my guitar connected to the computer with a “rocksmith real tone cable”.
What I’m trying to do is to be able to unify these devices, as if there was a single multi-channel input audio card. This way I could use live_audio with different inputs in different live loops.
I’m using vb-audio’s “VoiceMeeter Potato”, but I don’t know how to configure it for this (if it’s the right tool).
Could anybody shed some light on this, please?

Thanks!

Edit:
By the way, those are my current settings. I can use live_audio for both devices at once, but cannot separate inputs:

Imgur

Hi @sanju0,

If I understand you correctly, you have two separate audio cards connected to your computer and you would like Sonic Pi to be able to access audio streams for both of them at the same time?

If this is a correct interpretation of your situation then I’m afraid I don’t think it will be possible with Sonic Pi alone. Sonic Pi will bind itself to a single audio device on boot for input and cannot connect to more than one at the same time.

You may be able to use some virtual routing software (which will depend on your operating system). For example, Loopback on macOS should be able to enable you to do this, but it’s quite expensive. There are cheaper/free alternatives, but sadly I don’t personally have any experience with them.

Hopefully others in this forum might be able to help?

1 Like

Yes Sam, your interpretation is correct. I was trying to achieve virtual routing with VoiceMeeter, but I think that the best way is gonna be getting a multichannel audio card.

Thank you!

1 Like