I'm having trouble using live_audio

I’m trying to use the following code to use live audio in my project:

live_audio :foo, stereo: true, input: 1

From what I understand the above code should allow mono audio from input 1 and input 2 to play in Sonic Pi but I can’t seem to get it to work.

I am taking audio in through Input 1 and 2 on my audio interface which is connected to my computer via USB. I’m not really sure how to check the audio routing of my computer but I did confirm that when I open my DAW that the audio comes through fine on Input 1 and 2, just not in Sonic Pi. I’ve made sure to reboot Sonic Pi after each attempted configuration change but can’t seem to get it to work.

I’m not sure if I’m missing something obvious. In the meantime, I’ll research how I can see where the audio is flowing.

I found the answer. Here it is for anyone running into the same issue.

In Macs Privacy Systems Preferences, Sonic Pi is disabled by default. I just had to enable Sonic Pi to access my microphone in those preferences and now it behaves properly. It had nothing to do with the audio routing, the signal just wasn’t making it to the software.

1 Like

And thats what we want, Sir (or Madam) :)… people building up the knowledge base.

Regards,

Eli…