Synth triggered by the level of a sample

Hi everybody,
as a newbie, I wonder if there is some way to obtain the following result.
When a sample (or live_audio) is playing, the level (amplitude) of the sampled-sound controls another action: if it overcomes a threshold level, it triggers a note synth. In other words: is there a way to read continuously the level of a sample or the live_audio input?
An example of this could be: a piano chord is triggered when a recorded speaking voice accentuates some vowels or in a drums loop the snare is hit.
Thanks in advance to everyone who would like to answer,
Leo

1 Like

@Prof1220 - @samaaron began attempting to integrate an amplitude monitor into Sonic Pi a while ago, but this has not been successfully completed. (See the following code segments for a few of the pieces:)

1 Like

@ethancrawford, thank you for your suggestions. I suppose that this task is beyond my ability, but at list now I know it! Maybe in the future, I will try a workaround using Gate in Ableton Live as a trigger, sending MIDI note on/off (but Iā€™ve still a lot to learn first in Sonic Pi).
All the best,
Leo

1 Like

@Prof1220 As well as the gate, consider using an envelope follower. Some are shipped with Ableton or as M4L Envelope Follower.

1 Like

Thank you @Hussein, I will give a look.