Switching Audio output source without restarting

Is there a way I can switch the audio output source in Sonic Pi without restarting the program. I am using a Mac which I recently updated to High Sierra 10.13.6. I have always had this issue when switching from the built-in output to the multi-output device or to an HDMI output. Sonic PI never recognizes this switch unless I close the program and restart it. Is there a way I can do this without restarting? Since the update, I’ve had some problems with Sonic PI opening a second time and have had to restart the computer (but that is a whole other issue).

Thanks

As far as I know, Sonic Pi doesn’t know how to handle switches in audio because it’s not using system audio, it gets the audio source on startup and stores it until it closes (again, as far as I know. Sam Aaron knows all the details). From what I hear this was a feature requested by the Raspberry Pi Foundation back when they were the main sponsor of Sonic Pi. I’m not sure why.

So yeah. Not a bug, but a feature

1 Like

Thats what I thought. Was just hoping someone might know a work around. Oh well :man_shrugging:
Thanks for confirming!