SonicPi 3.2.2 on fresh Raspberry 3B+ no sound

Hi guys,
I tried to get Sonic Pi 3.3.2 running on my Raspberry Pi 3B+. I installed a fresh OS and downloaded the latest Sonic Pi version rightaway today.
I use my analog audio headphones and sound is working fine in chromium and vlc, however not in Sonic Pi. Several restarts and re-installations of SonicPi did not help.
The OS is completely up to date - any idea where the problem might be?
When I start Sonic Pi, the log says
=> Welcome to Sonic Pi v3.2.2
=> Running on Ruby v.2.5.5
=> Initialised Erlang OSC Scheduler
=> Initialised SuperCollider Audio Server v3.10.0
=> Initialised MIDI subsystems
Also, when I run a code the scope shows a pattern so Sonic Pi seems to work properly, just that there is no audio output :confused:
Iā€™m completely new to Sonic Pi and have only minor experience with Raspberry OS, but I use Linux in my everyday life and for work.
Any help would be highly appreciated!
Cheers and thanks

The new OS uses a different sound setup based on pulseaudio, whereas Sonic Pi is designed to use Jack. Have a look here for a temporary fix which can be applied to my 3.2,2 version.
I am currently testing a new .deb file for a beta version of sp3.3.0 which will hopefully be released within the next few weeks which works with the new sound setup. Once installed (reboot to pick up the module installed) you should be able to select the sound output by right clicking the loud speaker icon.

2 Likes

Hi Robin,
thanks for your quick and detailed answer. I must have overseen the thread that you linked when I was lookin for a solution on my own.
I followed your instructions and it works like a charm.
Thank you so much!

2 Likes