Some shortcuts don't work (French keyboard/MacOS)

Hi,

I’m on Mac OS (in French) with a French Apple Keyboard and some shortcuts don’t work.
Here are some:

• C-a (work in help, but not in the editor)
  • S-M-0 and others
  • M-/

Some are not possible

• M-{ ({ is not on a French keyboard, we need to do option + 5)
  • M-} ({ is not on a French keyboard, we need to do option + °)

Did I miss something?

1 Like

yes to buy a pc on windows or Linux :slight_smile: >>> ok je sors

On MacOS, I can’t do the keyboard shortcuts to directly change to buffers 3, 4, 5, and 6 because shift-cmd-N are all related to taking screenshots on the Mac for those four. I shift-cmd-4 quite a lot for screenshotting. I wonder if a different set of ten shortcuts can be created for directly shift buffers, like maybe ctrl-shift-N, thought those still aren’t one-handable.

Customisable shortcut mapping is on the wishlist, so it will get there eventually :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Wha’s Sonic Pi’s bundle identifier? I think I can use that to make per app keyboard customizations.

No idea what that means sorry :grimacing: maybe someone else like @samaaron might know…

Yeah, that’s an Apple thing. I’ve now got net.sonic-pi.app, so I’ll try that.

ADDED: I just got the remap from cmd-shift-N to ctrl-shift-N working using Karabiner-Elements.

ADDED 2: Oh, wait, it still won’t work. I use a different key combo to send Sonic Pi cmd-shift-3, but it’s still intercepted by the OS for a screenshot. Please keep customizable shortcut mapping on the wishlist.

2 Likes

Hello,
I am also very interested in this customisable keyboard shortcut function. I have the same problems as @camilleroux… ISO AZERTY keyboard problems, apparently…

Hi,
I have the same shortcut problems (on MAC).
Especially I miss the possibility to comment out a block of code, because
Currently I use comment, uncomment, but that’s not suitable for all situations.
Any idea for a workaround?

Same for me, Italian keyboard layout.
M-/ doesn’t work; Maybe because shift has to be pressed for type the / char.

Apologies, the shortcuts are hard coded and are not currently user-customisable. This is something that’s still on the TODO list. If someone wants to dive into the C++ Qt code to add this functionality then that would be something I’d very much like to encourage and support.

2 Likes

Maybe integrating something like this could be a solution:

On Mac with french keyboard, M + / is done with shift + command + :

Unfortunately, this shortcut is already used by macOS to show menu.
But you can disable it :

Apple menu > System Settings… > Keyboard
Keyboard Shortcuts… > App Shortcuts >App Applications
uncheck ‘Show Help menu’

You may now comment/uncomment Sonic code with shift + command + : :smiley:

For further keyboard remapping on macOS, try Karabiner-Elements. It’s free and open source.