Sending MIDI CC MSB-LSB message(s) to an external synth

I hear you.

As you’re generally getting the behaviour you want then this is probably working as well as it can.

I tried your code by sending the midi output to Ableton and using Ableton’s MIDI monitor to see the cc’s coming in.

This first graphic shows the result of sending MSB followed by LSB but without time warp. I changed the cc number.s

This second graphic shows the result of sending LSB followed by MSB but using time warp as per your code.

There is some variation between both methods.

I made a quick video for a longer run (45 secs) if you want to see whether it’s consistent.

I hope some of that helps.

Regards

Hussein

Did you use 15039 constantly as the value? (That should imply LSB value 63 and MSB value 117).
And does Ableton indicate different values for subsequent runs? That never happens in my SP code, thanks god. There, 15039 always gives 63 and 177 however many thousands of runs I do.

I just had a look at your video. It seems the LSB and the MSB occur regularily every second time as they should, doesn’t it?

I had the code generating a random number:
value = rand_i(15689)
Previously I’d had the cc’s hooked up to an Operator synth. Then I thought to use the MIDI monitor.

Yes, they do occur regularly. So, all things being equal-ish, yours are probably doing so as well.
The video is with time warp btw.

@Hussein Thanks for your effort. I have asked a question on the Moog Forum, to assure I am on the right track. I’ll keep you informed.

1 Like