SEND SPi´s Midi to Another DAW

@nlb

Yep, that’s correct. I’m not totally sure using 0, and 127 has an effect like ‘on and off’ - I guess I didn’t try that. I think it’s a toggle though. Any command on that channel and value toggle it. I could be wrong.

What I actually didn’t say very well was I only use the loop I was talking about for control mapping - like arming the record button. I comment out everything else, run that to set up mapping in Ableton, and then comment that out and just use a single command before I run the OSC “play” command.

To do that it helps to have just one single command (though that can work as well). I set up a small loop like what you have above with only one midi command at a time and then put Ableton into ‘midi mapping’ mode with say the ‘record’ button chosen. Then I start just the live_loop and Ableton then has that midi command (usually a midi cc in this case) internally mapped to listen for that. For whatever reason LiveOSC, does not have a way that I could find to play AND record. It can play fine with the OSC command for that (in the LiveOSC reference list I shared in my other post) but you either need to click the record button manually every time (maybe not that big of a deal) or use midi as just mentioned.

But with this method of midi-mapping you can also do just about amount of Ableton control as well. I just find the OSC commands cleaner.

ANOTHER BIG CAVEAT: You can’t seem to use both LiveOSC AND the OSC Toolkit. I think LiveOSC must be intercepting all calls, even if you use a different port. Again, I could be wrong, but never figured it out.