Howdy, Bryan from Italy here!

Hello, my name is Bryan, I am from Italy. I think I have read about live coding on the magazine Synthtopia. If I have to be honest with you, I had to think about it for a few minutes. I don’t know if any of you suffers from absorbing so many information to the point that you even forget where you found something that caught your attention. That’s what occurred to me in this case.

Anyway, I’ve read about live coding, or algoraving but I didn’t try it and I put it aside for a while. Then one day, during the lockdown due to the spread of Coronavirus, I recalled that I had seen this thing that allowed to make music with algorithms. I searched on Google and I found a video of Sam Aaron talking about it, and I decided to give a try, given that I am home and currently not working.

It’s really cool, but I’m struggling with the codes and instrument. I struggle a lot with coding and I don’t know how musical instruments work because I’ve never played one. This is something I have to work on. On the other hand, I know I’d like to integrate live coding in an initiative on pteaching programming to 10 year old children not far from where I live. I hope I can get where I’m planning.

Hope everyone here is enjoying their journey on Sonic Pi. Stay strong during these challenging times. Go and do great things!

1 Like