FINISHED: Cruel Angel's Thesis from Evangelion

Hey everyone!

I posted a few months back with a snippet of “Cruel Angel’s Thesis”, the theme from Neon Genesis Evangelion. It has been the hardest cover I have had to program yet. But it was really rewarding. I learned a lot during the process.

Anyways, here in all it’s glory, is the song. I put the github in the description of the song, but i’ll repost it here for those who don’t wanna go to bandcamp, since there is an embed.

4 Likes

Also, can i just say, I love there is an “End Of Evangelion” world in VRChat where you can chill on the beach with a big ol’ Rei head staring at you. lol.

Oh. Note:

The code will only work with Version 2.11 of Sonic Pi.

I was working on it before 3 released, and there is a velocity change in 3 that ruined my code, and I didn’t want to go back and update it.

So if it sounds quiet when you put it into any Sonic Pi 3.x versions, that’s why.

Oh. @robin.newman

Thanks for the like. and your help with the glissando.

i ended up not using your suggestion in full, but it helped me springboard my own way of doing it! :slight_smile:

A great example of how you can distribute your code amongst several buffers for a long program. It sounds great too,

1 Like