Dinky OSC development

My company, Digital Maker CIC, has been successful securing project funding from Creative Scotland to explore making a prototype interface we’d love to use with Sonic Pi. Over the next few months we’ll be looking for people to help us by testing kits, giving feedback, suggestions etc. We’ve also factored in to our funding, 2 paid “commissions”, using the developed prototypes to make some music with …
We’re still scratching around looking for kit / boards / chips to use in the initial developments, but, if you’re interested in helping (we send you kit you can keep if you send us feedback!) join us at : Dinky OSC - Digital Maker CIC

we’ve also been tweeting out some #micropython #oop experiments https://twitter.com/digitalMakerCIC/status/1357733116903890944 if you want to see some more, check out the DMcic twitter feed.
Send me a message if you are interested in contributing…
thanks, Phil.

5 Likes

This is really exciting and I look forward to hearing more about your progress :slight_smile:

Hi (everyone!) - Well, after battling with some annoying Windows / OSC / Firewall problems, We’ve got the DinkyOSC prototype working well (we think!) & have arranged to get some PCBs made so we’ll be close to sending out some kits. It’s taken a lot longer than we’d hoped to get to this point, but we hope people are still interested in experimenting with what we’re making & helping us shape it into something people would really want to have in the ir Sonic Pi set up!

We’ve been using Bela Trill (Ring / Bar) for inputs
A ESP32-WROOM-32U WiFi chip
A 240x240 px LCD screen
all connected to a Raspberry Pi Pico
We’ve saved a load of “pre-set” Sliders, Pots, Boolean switches (which get updated & saved “real time” so when you fire up sonci pi / dinky OSC , all the previous settings are loaded back in for the song you were working on).
We’re nearly ready to get some peeps to help test / play / feedback … We’ll keep you posted…
thanks for reading!
I (Phil) will be aiming to put a wee video together this week to showcase where we are. (Excuse my broken finger in shot, I broke it biking a few weeks ago).

3 Likes

Wow, great work! Well done :slight_smile: I look forward to the showcase video…