Array of samples osc

you have to send osc messages. Robin gives you the code to sonic pi to send to himself osc message.
So add this part and it will work

But I’m sending OSC message from another script, and they come in the cue list. So it should be the same no?

looking at your picture you are sending your cues to address
/osc/trigger/prophet, but you are expecting then at /trigger/prophet. SP adds the initioa /osc:127.0.0.1…internally. You dont want to send one as well.
Change your sending program to send to address /trigger/prophet and it should work then.
My internal sending live loop was sending to “/trigger/prophet” NOT to “/osc/trigger/prophet”

yep as Robin says mind the path and do note that the port number is 4560 and NOT 4600.
good luck

1 Like

I think that is his sending port, not where it is being sent to. It will only appear in the cues log if it is sent to port 4560. The sending port can be used to differentiate cues form a single device sent FROM different ports.

of course Robin ! sorry about my mistake. :worried:

Hi I changed the /trigger/prophet. But I can’t seem to get rid of the /osc:127.0.0.1:4600 message.

I think this something in the colindb OSC.js script that I need to omit from.

I may be mistaken, but I think that was the only change we were talking about. The problem was in the extra osc/ before trigger, not anything to do with the first half of the address. Are you still yet to hear changes based on your osc triggers, after removing the extra osc/?

Strange, I something else is not working than. Or not making my samples play…

Does it work if you replace your external osc source with the example internal osc source that Robin shared above?

OK explains a lot! I tried this before and thought it worked. But the example @robin.newman send me also did not make any case trigger.

Odd. Robin’s full example above works fine for me :man_shrugging:
(Using Sonic Pi 3.2.2 on Windows 10, with the ‘Enable OSC server’ setting turned on in the preferences tab).