AN INVITATION TO A SONIC PI ALGORAVE - 21st NOV SATURDAY - 5 PM CET - BY BYTE

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I would like to invite you all to an online event called BYTE where we shall be showcasing Sonic Pi performances by artists in our community. It shall be hosted on a digital club venue called COMMON.

The event will start at 5 PM CET with a Sonic Pi workshop session and performance by @EarthToAbigail, then followed by performances in this order → @BabyElephante @radv @samaaron @janebeta7 @ethancrawford @Maracuya @bitkids and myself @Monrhea

It is free to join but your e-mail is required (kindly RSVP if possible :slight_smile: )
There shall be other rooms(events) inside the COMMON event space so once inside, scroll down to find the BYTE room …

Please do share the word and let’s meet up in the chat as we support the various artists :partying_face:

To join the event, use this link …

(Please Note: Chrome Browser is advised for the best experience)

About BYTE …
> BYTE is a platform created to share the world of music coding through Sonic Pi. It is dedicated to the Sonic-Pi community where we organize algoraves, workshops, and curate playlists of Sonic Pi releases.
> This event will be the first of its series

6 Likes

Looking forward to hanging out, watching the amazing performances and chatting with folks (at least for the last half of the event, since it starts at a crazy hour in my timezone :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

In between the performances … there will be short intermission videos which feature music by @Bohrbug @binarysweets @modulo @soxsa @wolftrap @Doffu

3 Likes

Haha … It’s okay :slight_smile: that sounds great and glad to have you play for us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is going to be so much fun! Thank you Monrhea for bringing us all together :slight_smile: Really looking forward to hanging out virtually with everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very cool initiative. The Corona crisis is really bad but on top of the negativity a lot of positive things are happening right now!. Good luck tonight and I hope that I have some time to tune-in. Is it also recorded?

1 Like

Great idea!! Looking forward to listen to some nice algorithmic grooves!

1 Like

how do i get acces and when does it start in europe time? thanks <3

1 Like

@Retonator - @Monrhea might know something I don’t, but my guess is the event will not be recorded.

Aaalthough, I have just now seen what I think could be evidence of past Commons being archived, so it may actually be so :slight_smile: (it’s a little unclear whether that was just a special case though - so still not sure :man_shrugging:)

@holz - in case Monrhea doesn’t pop in here before the event - Using Chrome browser, you join by going to the link in the top post and then RSVP with your email address. Then, there are several spaces/rooms, so you’d scroll through them till you find the one set aside for Byte.
Let us know if you have a go and need any further clarification :+1:

As for what time it starts - Europe is a big place! You can type something into [insert famous search engine here] like what is 5pm CET in ____ where ____ is your local timezone to check :slight_smile:

looking forward to it!!

Hi … :slight_smile:

sorry all for the late reply and thank you @ethancrawford for helping out with the questions …
the event is ongoing :slight_smile: and all are welcomed :slight_smile:

Link - common.currents.fm

Updates for the sets :slight_smile:

@radv is on now … and next up … @samaaron :slight_smile:

sorry but this website is so modern that i can’t manage to get the link to see Sam…

@nlb are you using chrome ?

yep using chrome. i am registered and connected then where to go ?

Edit : ok i am en avance :slight_smile: So the button live is not yet available

use this direct link instead …

1 Like

it’s ok i see radv :slight_smile:
we have to scroll to see rooms :slight_smile: