Am I Missing Something? Getting Length of Array

So, I have a list of arrays, and I want to loop through the list of arrays, and send a array into the method, and sleep for the amount of notes in the array I’m sending in.

I have been looking for documentation on it, and I can’t find it. The RubyDocs page I found on the array doesn’t have size or length or count that I can find.

I found a workaround where I loop through and count on a variable, then use that, but there has to be a better way. I’m doing this to refactor code, and though I made it modular, I didn’t exactly shrink my code line count at all, so I want a more elegant solution if possible.

Can someone point me in the direction of some documentation?

Edit: Since most of them in the sequence are 2, 3, or 4, I’m going to hardcode them for now, but I would like to figure out how to get the count dynamically still if possible.

Hi Skelly…

I’m no array-mechanic but something like?

Eli…

flute = [ 76, 74, 80, 76, 76, 80, 74, 78]
puts flute.length
1 Like

I must just be having a bad morning. :rofl:

I haven’t really done much with arrays since most of my stuff has just been samples so far, or long single notes.

For the life of me, I could not find a reference to that method anywhere when I was looking for it…

Oh well. Now I know.

#ThereAreNoStupidQuestions

If I had a penny for every silly question I’ve ask on this
forum… Sam wouldn’t need a patreon, I’d be funding him
outright. :slight_smile:

Glad to help.

Eli.

1 Like

Thanks again.

I’ll post the thing I’m refactoring when It’s done.

It was in a state where a normie would look at it and go “OH WOW COOL!!! :D” but you guys would notice how much line space I’m wasting. :joy:

That’s what you get for trying to build and compose at the same time.

No shame in using a lot of lines to do a thing. It’s better to use a few more lines and make something comprehensible, that to refactor all the meaning out of your code in an effort to save space.

2 Likes

Hi there,

I’m always using more lines of code than really needed, because it is easier that way to change and reuse stuff than with compact forms.
So, no problem in there.

Cu.