VS Code extension

That would be great!

TBH, I am not putting as much time as I would like into this at the moment because of work and family commitments, but anything that you would like to contribute would be fantastic. Hopefully I will be able to get back to this at some point in the near future.

I would put this in the Extensions Marketplace once that we get it to a point where we think it has enough features, and they are stable enough for more people to jump in. What I would not want is that we put in there something half-baked, and people run away from it ;).

Thanks a lot and hope you find it useful,
Luis

1 Like

Just tried to run Sonic Pi in Visual Studio Code 1.72.2 under Windows 10. The well used extension “Sonic Pi” from Jackson Kearl did not work with the newest version of Sonic Pi 4.3.0, probably because file names and paths changed. I got it to work with “Sonic Pi Extension” from s00500 directly installed from the Extensions Marketplace. This extension is a preview and not very stable yet. But combined with the Jupyter-Extension I was able to make a Jupyter notebook tutorial for Sonic Pi with code that can be directly played within the notebook.
The tutorial can be found in GitHub, it is in German and a work of progress.

Unfortunately the sound is not as good as in the Sonic Pi IDE, especially with longer and more complicated code blocks the sound is distorted. Does anyone have the same problem with distorted sound in Visual Studio Code?