Sonic pi under raspbian buster with rpi 4b 2Gb

Hi,

Just to say it works like a charm thanks to @robin.newman post.
Building SP3.2dev from source on a Pi4 (Edit Addendum added) - Support, Help & Resources - in_thread

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ inxi
Argument "Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1" isn't numeric in sprintf at /usr/bin/inxi line 6969.
CPU: Quad Core ARMv7 v7l (-MCP-) speed/min/max: 1500/600/1500 MHz 
Kernel: 4.19.75-v7l+ armv7l Up: 3h 47m Mem: 554.7/2015.5 MiB (27.5%) 
Storage: 29.72 GiB (16.7% used) Procs: 165 Shell: bash 5.0.3 inxi: 3.0.32 

It would be nice if the default message in the buffer could indicate Welcome to sonic pi the actual version

Cheers

Printing the version number was removed, Because it was only printed into empty buffers when they were createdd, ie when Sonic Pi was run with no .sonic-pi folder present. Thereafter it is NOT altered. This meant that if you upgraded your SP version you got the situation where it might say Welcome to Sonic Pi v3.1 even though you had upgraded to 3.2dev. If you temporarily remove your .sonic-pi folder and rerun SP then it will now create buffers saying Welcome to Sonic-Pi, and not give a version number.

You can still get your version by using
puts version

This will correctly report : v3.2.0-dev-xxxx where xxxx is the latest commit you built with (if accessible). If you have stripped git stuff it will miss out the xxxx.

you’re right i’ve launched the uncomplete 3.1 version proposed by raspian buster… then install the 3.2 dev with git. So when i get back to my rpi at work, i will delete .sonicpi. Thanks for the tip