"In [0 ch]: Not connected" after updating to v4.2.0 in macOS

Hi all :slight_smile:

I have updated to version 4.2.0 from version 3. In version 3 I managed to play live_audio from an audio input. However, after updating, I can’t anymore. I’m running MacOS BigSur 11.7.

In Preferences>Audio, it shows “In [0 ch]: Not connected” although at least the Microphone is connected and set as sound input in MIDI preferences. Does this mean that SonicPi has not detected the input? I have checked that SonicPi has access to the microphone.

However, on scsynth.log I see:

"Built-in Microph" Input Device
   Streams: 1
      0  channels 2

"Built-in Output" Output Device
   Streams: 1
      0  channels 2

which contradicts the GUI.

I’m actually trying to use an iPad as input, which I managed to do in V3. I could not make it work in v4.2, and that’s why I am trying to simplify the setup by using the microphone first.

Could you please help me understand how the inputs work and why it shows 0 inputs? Thank you very much

Hi, unfortunately there is definitely an issue with audio inputs in v4.2. As a temporary fix, I recommend you downgrade to v4.1 until I’ve managed to figure out what’s going wrong and release a new version to fix it.

I just pushed a fix for this over on GitHub. Once it’s tested a little more I’ll push v4.3 out - hopefully very soon. Apologies for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Thank you very much sam! Great job! I already loved SonicPi, but V4.x is really a step up :smiley:

Hi there,

I just released v4.3 - hopefully this will solve the error you’re facing. Please let me know if not!