How do I use my guitar and acoustic guitar with Sonic Pi?

I would like to know more about how it works about Sonic pi and I would like to know if the guitar is compatible with the Sonic pi.

There are certainly ways to do this :slightly_smiling_face:
If you have an external audio interface or sound card which lets you plug a guitar straight into one of its inputs for example, you can then use commands in Sonic Pi to bring this sound into Sonic Pi.
The relevant commands are:

• synth :sound_in - this is a synth which plays sound straight from your sound card’s input. Like other synths, it has an ‘envelope’, meaning that by default it will fade out and end after a specific time. (Not as useful if you want it to keep playing the input for a practically unlimited time). There is also synth :sound_in_stereo, which is the same but allows you to play the input from two channels at once in stereo.
  • live_audio - this is how you can play the sounds from your sound card’s input without a specific time limit.
    Here are the sections in the tutorial which describe this: (with examples too)
    Sonic Pi - Tutorial
    Sonic Pi - Tutorial
    (Or see the same sections in the built in tutorial of course)
1 Like

I don’t have a guitar

Sure. If you did, the above is how you could play with its sound in Sonic Pi :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

i do like your sense of humour !