How do I use my guitar and acoustic guitar with Sonic Pi?

I would like to know more about how it works about Sonic pi and I would like to know if the guitar is compatible with the Sonic pi.

There are certainly ways to do this :slightly_smiling_face:
If you have an external audio interface or sound card which lets you plug a guitar straight into one of its inputs for example, you can then use commands in Sonic Pi to bring this sound into Sonic Pi.
The relevant commands are:

• synth :sound_in - this is a synth which plays sound straight from your sound card’s input. Like other synths, it has an ‘envelope’, meaning that by default it will fade out and end after a specific time. (Not as useful if you want it to keep playing the input for a practically unlimited time). There is also synth :sound_in_stereo, which is the same but allows you to play the input from two channels at once in stereo.
  • live_audio - this is how you can play the sounds from your sound card’s input without a specific time limit.
    Here are the sections in the tutorial which describe this: (with examples too)
    Sonic Pi - Tutorial
    Sonic Pi - Tutorial
    (Or see the same sections in the built in tutorial of course)
2 Likes

I don’t have a guitar

Sure. If you did, the above is how you could play with its sound in Sonic Pi :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

i do like your sense of humour !

is there a guitar slô pedal effect for sonic pi?

Not as such. If you are connecting your guitar as an input to Sonic Pi you can add various fx effects eg to produce reverb or flanger or distortion to mention a few and these can be mixed and adjusted. It would require experimentation to see what you could do. If you want that specific effect probably an external hardware device would be needed.

:+1: Sounds pretty easy, straight forward to Heaven :wink::bangbang: What I miss, is the TIME to check and try!