Failed to load the fast_osc c-extension on windows (sonic pi v3.2.0)

I have the following entries in my server-errors.log (I get them every time I start Sonic Pi) - things work fine after that but I was wondering if this is a problem indeed.

Failed to load the fast_osc c-extension, falling back to pure Ruby version
Overriding fast_osc c-extension FastOsc::decode_single_message, falling back to pure Ruby version
C:/Program Files/Sonic Pi/app/server/ruby/vendor/sys-proctable-1.1.3/lib/windows/sys/proctable.rb:97: warning: constant ::Fixnum is deprecated
C:/Program Files/Sonic Pi/app/server/ruby/vendor/sys-proctable-1.1.3/lib/windows/sys/proctable.rb:97: warning: constant ::Fixnum is deprecated

Sam has recently made changes to the way fast-osc is built in the source files. This will be incorporated in the up and coming 3.2.1 version. Hopefully this will sort out your problem, althouhg I don’t use windows builds myself so haven’t tested it.
Your system will as you say work, as it falls back to use a ruby based solution which is not quite as efficient, but will still work.

don’t worry this is not a real problem

1 Like