Creating more of a song

How would you go about creating a song as if you were writing it Verse, Chorus, Verse Bridge, Chorus, End without repeating yourself? Would it be cue or thread using variables? I’m trying to understand this is a bit better. Thanks so much for any tips given.

2 Likes

Hi @azdunek01 :slightly_smiling_face:
Here’s a topic that might provide some inspiration:

2 Likes

Hey @ethancrawford,

Thanks for that! Seems like it might be conditional but more so focused on switch/case/when

No problem. There’s probably several ways to do it - it’s as much about personal preference really :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’d likely store patterns in lists and then play them from the lists, selecting the lists based on the selection

1 Like

That worked! Thanks @Loopiloop

1 Like

Since I tend to like using live_loop, what I do is put if-else-statements within the live_loop and then have them react to a variable I set at the top of my code.

The variable may be something like:
song_section = 0 (For intro)
song_section = 1 (For verse)
song_section = 2 (For chorus)
…etc.

I can then simply change that variable to whatever song section I’m wanting to change to, then execute the code so all the live_loops update to the new song section.

So if you prefer live_loops over a linear structure, that’s a way you could try doing it.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing the finished thing

I have a small code sample here that helps with parts and structure, it might help you.

2 Likes

Oh nice, I didn’t know you could set bar length like that. I was just halving the BPM all the time haha.

1 Like