A Sonic-Pi VST plugin? (alla VCV Rack 2 Pro)

Hello, I hope you’re all well,

Recently, VCV Rack 2 was released. I paid for the Pro version, which includes VST instrument and audio fx plugins. The ability to build my own instruments is a bit of a conceptual game-changer for my music. It’s gotten me thinking: what if Sonic-Pi was also offered as VST plugins, perhaps to paying users?

Currently, the use I personally would have for a Sonic-Pi plugin is for building my own MIDI sequencers. My previous projects have explored algorithmic polyphonic textures. For that reason, I would love and happily pay for a Sonic-Pi MIDI fx plugin.

If it would make development, QA, and maintenance any easier, I believe that a MIDI fx plugin would only have to retain parts of the MIDI library. The symbolic logic is enough to give new meaning to “functional harmony”.

Take care,
Daniel

An interesting idea to be sure!

I’ll add it as a card on our ‘feature wishlist’ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hurray, thank you for considering it! :smiley:

1 Like

No promises :wink: but it does sound like an interesting idea :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ok, added!

3 Likes

That would be really great! I came here because I was looking for exactly the same thing as d0lfyn. I’m also experimenting with generative music using Sonic PI. Having that as a VST plugin would be a real game changer.