Curating a Sonic Pi Music Playlist

Here is a selection of my proudest works to date that use Sonic Pi:

✎ This song is one of my more intensive experiments with Sonic Pi. For it, I composed the track sections using a midi sequencer. I then live performed on the sequencer, send both the midi stream and select audio streams into Sonic Pi. There, the audio was run through FX. The incoming midi was routed to play instruments, trigger external samples, and execute code snippets to carry out tasks.

✎ For this project I intended to remix a song that was initially created as part of the Alien Squatter OST.

✎ This project was done almost entirely in Sonic Pi, with mixing and mastering carried out in Logic Pro X.

✎ With this one I did the same. This time I explored slicing female vocals with Sonic Pi.

✎ This is a remix of a friends song, chopped and arranged in Sonic Pi.

✎ For this song I recorded a collection of my own sample recordings, then developed a glitchy arrangement in Sonic Pi.

And here are some works under my previous artist name as well:
✎ This song was done almost entirely in Sonic Pi by chopping and stretching Metal Gear Solid and old Windows SFX.

✎ This is a song that was part of my soundtrack for the indie game Alien Squatter. It plays during the credits. For this I created my own external samples and brought them into Sonic Pi to develop the song. The song parts were exported individually, then reconstructed in Logic Pro X, taking advantage of some of Logic’s FX plugins and features.

✎ In this project I arrange part of the beat in Sonic Pi. I was able to achieve a nice stereo rattle-snake sound be looping programmatically chopped samples.

✎ Sonic Pi played a partial role in the arrangement and stretching/chopping of samples. Most of the free samples and loops for this track were sourced from looperman.

✎ An attempt at programming breakcore. This project uses a heavy amount of manipulated Metal Gear Solid samples. This session was live coded and performed in Sonic Pi.

✎ This is a remix of a friends rap song. Sonic Pi was used to stretch and manipulate sample chops from the original stems. Also experimented with manipulating vocals.

Oh, and I guess there’s also the song in this video presentation I did as part of a school project. I haven’t got around to polishing and officially releasing this song yet.