How Sonic Pi upload Midi Files From My Computer?

Hm. You should be able to hear the sound.
I suspect that your midi cue may be a bit different. If you have run MidiPlayer X and prudced some cues in the Sonic Pi cues list, then rather than copy my code directly, when you ar typing in the line. 3

n,v = sync "/midi/iac_driver_spconnect/0/1/note_on"

instead type just the first bit
n,v = sync
making sure there is a space after sync, and you should see a popup window listing received cues. Choose one which ends with note_on and the rest of the line will automatically be added for you.
That should ensure that what you are trying to sync on in the program does actually match what is coming in tyo your cues list.
You can also post the program that is not working and I’ll see if I can spot any problem.

As regards samples from Logic, you should be able to access these. I’ve tried on my Mac and it works. However you cant load ALL of them at once. They take up too much memory. You can access groups of samples: for example

path= "/Library/Application Support/Logic/EXS Factory Samples/01 Acoustic Pianos/Yamaha Grand Piano/"
sample path,0
sleep 2
sample path,100

plays the first of the piano samples and the 101st sample in the folder. It is even possible to set up a piano instrument to play any specified note which I have done. (in a separate post)

1 Like