Live loops Sync questions :-)

Hi @ethancrawford,

ok. Thanks a lot. I was wondering if my mental model of the cue/sync mechanism is correct. And you confirmed, it is. The crucial thing for me (referring to my sketch) is exactly that (to repeat what you already wrote):

• the synced live_loop - in case the sync statement resides within the loop’s body - does need a new sync for every run AND
  • it can only listen to a cue if it is not running, which does totally explain the gap (which does confuse people because they seem to expect the sync to be permanent once set up)

To incorrectly humanize this behaviour for my model :wink: : The syncing live_loop can 1. only do one of the two things: either play once triggered by a cue signal or be alert to any incoming cues; so quite logically 2. the sync command which triggers it can only be one that came before the syncing loop was in the state of listening.

To be clear: I am not struggling with this feature. I can savely use it but there are occasions, where I do have to explain it to others and therefore it is quite a good idea to have a clear understanding of what’s going on.

1 Like